Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hear ye, Hear ye!

This is Jenny Hardy's first blog experience ever, so you should be excited! Um...what to say...

Right now I am watching Remington Steele, an awesome TV show from the '80s starring Stephanie Zimbalist and Pierce Brosnan. I'm pretty sure this series is the reason Pierce became James Bond. Both leads are fabulous - very charming together and seperately. It's an intriguing overall story - the most intriguing parts are the relationships between the characters, though the mysteries themselves are very well done, I feel, especially for a TV show of this nature. I highly recommend this show to anyone who likes action, mystery, comedy, and romance. Plus, Stephanie is a powerful, independent, gorgeous, feminine woman and Pierce's hair is absolutely fabulous. I have a thing for thick black hair. And British people. :) And he's extremely charming. Remington Steele is a fabulous show.


The last movie I saw in theaters was STAR TREK, and I loved it! And I'm also very glad it was a big success, except with a small minority like Roger Ebert who gave it 2.5 out of 4 stars when I feel it deserved at least 3.5 stars. Normally I have trusted his ratings, but since he gave the third Mummy movie high accolades I haven't taken him entirely seriously.


I have been a Star Trek fan for a long time. My favorite characters from the original crew are Spock, Bones, and Kirk, though I have a special place in my heart for all of the crew members. From the Next Generation crew I like Data and Picard the best, though I love them all as well. The Star Trek TV series have always seemed much better to me than the movies, though quite a few of the movies have been very good, my personal favorites being Wrath of Khan, Voyage Home, Generations, First Contact, and the newest installment.


In the new Star Trek movie, I thought the cast was chosen excellently. My favorites were still Spock, Bones, and Kirk, thought, like always, I loved them all. ("Dammit man, I'm a doctor, not a physicist!" CLASSIC!) I love that they totally revamped the series, so now they can do absolutely whatever they want. The film was beautiful to watch - loved the lens flares - and also had fabulous special effects. It was funny, smart, and though the time-travel theme seems to be wearing thin in Star Trek situations, this one didn't seem redundant to me. It used the familiar theme to its advantage. I'm excited to see Spock and Kirk's friendship develop and I wish now, more than ever, that I could be an officer on the bridge of the U.S.S Enterprise. Live long and prosper!

No comments:

Post a Comment