Sunday, February 14, 2010

Yay for successful diets!

Okay, so one of my New Year's resolutions was to get in better shape and lose weight. My mom and I decided to do it together. We both bought copies of You: On a Diet and started reading. They give you an exercise plan as well as a dietary plan. It's super flexible and the food is really good! The goal of the book is to help you eat and live healthy for life, not just to lose pounds. In fact, they focus on slimming your waist size instead of pounds, and they educate you about why your body stores fat and all the physiological aspects behind weight loss too.

Now, I know that I'm not overweight or anything. I just want to feel and look my best. So I started the diet and exercise plan two weeks ago. I didn't stick perfectly to the diet because I don't want to miss out on the fun stuff my friends are doing - which often involves food - and I love ice cream far too much :) And I didn't do the exercise plan perfectly either. I walk a lot for school so I don't feel entirely guilty about missing a day of running. Anyways....I started at a 34 inch waist and I lost an entire inch! In two weeks! And I've learned to cook! I cook different kinds of chicken and salmon and I make chili and pizzas and wonderful foods now! And it's all healthy stuff! And the plan actually works! I am so excited to keep going. I feel great. I'm getting some muscle to beat up my flab and kick it out, and I'm never hungry or in pain or anything. In fact, I went from a 15 minute mile to an almost 10 minute mile in the past two weeks without much difficulty! I highly recommend the book. It is so good! And it actually works. I work out every day, and I read my homework while I do it. It's been successful so far. In fact, blogging about how I'm doing with my diet is actually one of the things I'm supposed to do as part of the program. Anyways, I just wanted to celebrate a little bit and let everyone know that the book actually works and it's really not that hard. My goal is to get down to a 32 inch waist at least (since that's what doctor's recommend) and then continue to eat my healthy foods because they're actually way better tasting than the microwave/canned stuff I used to eat. Operation LGN is well on its way ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment