Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Something I've Known For A While

So, I get big crushes on celebrities. Not even just celebrities. I get crushes on any kind of actor guy - if they can perform in front of a crowd, I'm gone. For example, I recently saw a play at Hale Theater and quickly developed a rather large amount of admiration for one of the actors. I'll be honest - I even facebook stalked him...I'm not proud of it, but it's the truth. I still hope he'll be in the next play we see at Hale so I can talk to him and make him fall in love with me and then we'll have little actor children who can all sing and dance in perfect harmony...*sigh*

I remember my first celebrity crush - I'm pretty sure it was either Han Solo from Star Wars or Harold Hill from The Music Man. I still have crushes on these men. I used to fantasize about being Princess Leah or Marian the Librarian. Then I'd fantasize about meeting Harrison Ford and Robert Preston, the respective actors. I even wrote a story about Harrison Ford moving in to the empty house next door and us becoming really good friends. He took me for rides in his helicopter and got me my big break in Hollywood as his co-star in a movie that I wrote and directed.

After relationships with these men I broadened my horizons. I branched out to Austenland and pursued Mr. Darcy/Colin Firth (a relationship I'm still in the midst of, I admit), Mr. Knightley/Jeremy Northam, and Captain Wentworth (I'll be honest and say that I never really had crushes on either of the actors I've seen play this part). I fell absolutely in love with Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. I ventured in to the world of more intense sci-fi and fell for Dwayne Hicks/Michael Biehn from Aliens 2 (and named my truck after him...), Kyle Reese/Michael Biehn from Terminator, Captain Kirk and Spock from the original Star Trek crew (relationships that I have recently reinvigorated since the 2009 film), Captain Picard and Riker from the Next Generation Star Trek crew, and perhaps most intensely John Crichton/Ben Browder from Farscape. I also had a passing fancy for Stark in Farscape, but that was more of a careless fling. Then came the rather large old movies relationships of my life, during which I pursued all forms of Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Gene Kelly, and most predominantly Fred Astaire. In fact, one might say Fred has been the love of my life so far. I have since also found relationships with Michael Jackson (in his non-creepy, Thriller years), Johnny Depp, Ewan McGregor, Hugh Jackman, and Robert Downey Jr. (mostly in Sherlock Holmes and Iron Man) to be most rewarding. The most recent relationship I have been in is with the Doctor/David Tennant. Let me tell you, that was and continues to be an intense, wonderful relationship and will continue to be for years to come. I plan on "running into" one or both of them whilst in London this summer :) There have been many flings too that I sometimes reminisce about, like my Zac Efron fling after seeing Hairspray, my Gerard Butler/Phantom/Dear Frankie fling, my Jude Law/Sky Captain on and off relationship - I could go on and on.

The thing that's great about each of these relationships is how I've managed to stay friends which each one of them throughout the years, despite our going separate ways :)

Something about performers just makes me fall in love with them. Maybe it's how naturally outgoing they are. Maybe it's how most of them can sing and/or dance beautifully. Maybe it's how funny they often are. Maybe it's all of these. I think it's actually because I admire their ability to be comfortable around/in front of people so easily. They possess traits that I would love to see in myself. Though I enjoy relationships with "real" guys much more than these relationships, I will always hold a special place in my heart for my actors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment