Saturday, May 29, 2010

All children grow up...except one.

Friday, May 28, 2010

First of all.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! I hope it is a wonderful day for you! I love you sooooo much!

Today we had waffles for breakfast. Yummmmm….

And then we had class…not quite as fun as waffles but still good. My classes are going well so far. I can slowly feel myself getting less and less prepared for each class period as I want to play more and more. Time is of the essence.

Today we ventured out to Hampstead Heath and Keats’ House for our English class. It was interesting, but I feel I would have appreciated it more had I seen Bright Star or known more of Keats work and personal life. I knew basic facts, but I don’t think I had quite the respect for him as I should in order to truly appreciate what I saw. Still, it was fascinating.

After dinner we took off to the Barbican Theater to see Peter Pan!!! It was a Scottish retelling and so so good! I loved it. They set it in Edinburgh - I was just there! They all had Scottish accents and Peter was a teenager more than a child. They flying was cool - they opened the play with Peter walking down a wall. The sets were fun, I really loved the lighting, and the changes they made to play made it a bit darker, but also refreshing and new. The coolest part was Tinker Bell - she was a ball of flame. I have no idea how they did it - it flew around the stage and landed in people's hands and everything - so amazing. The play was just magical. My favorite part was the very end, when Peter returns to get Wendy and she's grown up. It was so emotional and powerfully acted. The moment where Peter is sobbing and then Jane wakes up and says, "Boy, why are you crying?" was soooooo great. Peter's happiness came back and he jumped into the air and began flying and then he crowed - yay for Peter Pan! I love the story. It's so sad yet wonderful. It made me want to watch Finding Neverland and Peter Pan and Hook. I loved it! And it was the least expensive play I've seen here too. Schweet!

LOST BOYS FOREVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment