Saturday, May 29, 2010

Double, Double, Toil and Trouble

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today was a magical day!

I finished all my homework in time – yay! – and went to class, learned stuff, then after class I found the most marvelous thing

I FOUND THE TARDIS!!! I walked out of the Earl’s Court tube station and there it was! It was probably one of my favorite London moments so far.

I got all giddy and giggly and I took many pictures and I just loved it. Pure magic. I waited around for a while to see if I could catch a glimpse of the Doctor, and…I dunno, maybe go with him…but he never came. He’s probably off saving the universe somewhere, so it’s okay. I’ll find him. And when I do, there will be none of this “should I stay or should I go” debate that his companions usually have. I already know what I’d do.

After dinner we all took off to the Globe Theatre to see Macbeth. I was so excited to see this play. Not because of the violence and gore we had been told was in it, of course, but because of who was in it – Elliot Cowan. Now, I know most of you are saying, “who?” but if you’d google his name you would learn that he played Mr. Darcy in Lost in Austen. Yes, I saw him, up close and personal, playing Macbeth. He was fabulous! And so attractive.



We were groundlings once again, but they put this black tarp over the crowd with holes for our heads (see picture). We were so close to the front. And as they started the play, the super super creepy witches ran along under the tarp grabbing people and snarling and being creepy. It was so scary. Terrifying even. And there was lots of blood…which I did not like. People covered in blood…yuck…but then Elliot came out. I was looking at my friend Jess when he first entered the stage. He came right up front and I turned and looked right into his eyes – we made eye contact. It was awesome. I thought it was very well acted, especially by Elliot. They had Scottish music throughout the performance and at the end during the curtain call they did a Scottish song and dance – I loved it! It was especially fun just getting back from Scotland. And now have a bit of a celebrity crush on Elliot Cowan…he clicked his heels as he left the stage ha ha loved it. Quite a talented person, methinks. I still can’t believe I saw him live!

All in all, a very wonderful day! TARDIS. Macbeth. Elliot. Yessssssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment